Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Christmas Post.

I'm trying to get my Christmas post done before it's just too far away to bring up again!

We did things a little differently this year by staying in town instead of going to Alabama. On Christmas day, we went to Nathan's parents house and had a laid back day of gifts and yummy food. My sister-in-law and her husband live in NY now and weren't able to be here this year. She was greatly missed. 

The next day we continued with Christmas festivities by celebrating with my family, who drove out the day before. This was my first year ever to not spend Christmas in Birmingham! 
 
My decorations. I finally made us some stockings. 
 
Stocking stuffer loot!


We gave my brother a framed F. Witty print, which Nathan made. We also had one of my brothers drawings printed out. I should have taken a picture of it!

My mom got a gift for my cats, which I think Sherman kinda hogged. It's called a "Mystery Triangle" though we couldn't quite figure out the mystery. He absolutely loves it. Seriously, I think he enjoyed his present more than anyone else. 

Notice the dog in this picture...my mom brought her yorkie, Ally, who got along surprisingly well with the cats. 

Every year for Christmas, my mom makes a huge lunch for us, causing her a bit of stress. So, this year I forced her to sit back while I did most of the cooking. She got to do the green bean casserole. 

Sherman played non-stop in his triangle. That night I found him sound asleep inside of it. 

It was so nice to have my parents and brother in town. I got to show them all the wonderful  "sights" in Tulsa and spend some quality time with them. Thanks to them for enduring the drive to come see us!

I hope everyone had a merry holiday!

5 comments:

Jenny.Lee said...

Sounds like you all had a good time! Your house looked lovely.

Renee said...

Your stockings are super cute!

Marie said...

It looks like a wonderful holiday.

I like Sherman's toy too! How cute!

Janet H said...

Amby-
I'm so glad you had a wonderful Christmas with your family. However, I am happy they are back home with us! We would love to see you the next time you are back in B'ham!

Jenny.Lee said...

Check my blog for your award! ;)