Wednesday, December 10, 2008

This post is about pie.

Nathan has been wanting buttermilk pie for awhile now. I kept forgetting until recently when I had some leftover buttermilk from another recipe. So, last night I whipped this together while making dinner and stuck it in the oven without him noticing. After dinner I made us tea and handed him a plate with a slice of pie. He was pleasantly surprised. He said he thought he smelled something, but couldn't figure out what it was. (I also can't help, but say "peeeh" like Cartman from Southpark, every time. )

This is his family's recipe and it's super quick. It would be a great addition to a holiday meal.

Buttermilk Pie

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup Bisquick mix
1 cup buttermilk
1 stick butter (melted)
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs

Directions:

Put all ingredients in a blender; blend until smooth; pour into pie plate. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. This pie makes its own crust.

The secret to making a man happy? Bake him pie. ;-) 

2 comments:

Jenny.Lee said...

Mmm yummy.

Terry & Dennis Macri said...

Amby...this is the pie recipe that I have been trying to find for years. The first time I had it was at hotel buffet in Franklin, Pennsylvania. I had ask for the recipe but of course they wouldn't give it to me. Thank you so much for posting it. Terry