Monday, December 22, 2008

My pet owl...

Ok, so he's not really a pet or technically mine...but there was an owl perched in the big, bare tree in my front yard today! At first glance, I didn't realize it was an owl, but upon closer observation I do believe it is!! How beautiful is he? I realize owls aren't the friendliest creatures, but how cute is his face? You can click the pictures to enlarge them. 



I did a  little research and the closest match I can find is the Snowy Owl. The description says that the younger owls and females of this breed, typically have more dark spots. If you know how to identify owls please leave a comment!

3 comments:

this20sgirl said...

That owl has a little head.

Jenny.Lee said...

How fitting! ;)

Brigid said...

I honestly think that is a young red-tailed hawk. See: http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/3310344/2/istockphoto_3310344-young-red-tailed-hawk.jpg
I'm a little freaked out by birds -- especially ones with sharp beaks and talons -- but he looks rather cute with his feathers all ruffled.