Monday, November 03, 2008

Sherman's home!

I picked him up today!

People keep asking me what happened, so I figured I might as well explain. He had urinary blockage, which kept him from being able to go to the bathroom and had we not taken him in it would have caused kidney failure within a few days. The vet cleared the blockage and monitored him over the weekend to make sure it didn't happen again. Now to prevent it he will be on prescription food. I'm doing research, so I can fully understand and to see if I have any other food options. Has anyone else ever dealt with this? I'm not sure yet how this new feeding schedule will work with 3 cats. So yeah. It's been a stressful weekend. I'm glad to have my little buddy back home. The vet said he was a special kitty and they enjoyed having him. 
He has been talking non-stop since we got home.
 I'm sure he is trying to tell me about his recent adventures. ;-) 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Sherman! Yes, our cat has to eat special food for urinary tract issues. We buy it from the vet.
Hill's Prescription Diet C/D for Felines
Glad he's home and feeling better.

Renee said...

Cutie pie! I'm digging his battle wound! He looks tough.

Jenny.Lee said...

Ahh I'm so glad he's home. He's such a sweetie.

Vickie said...

I'm glad he is home!

Marie said...

I'm so glad to hear that Sherman is feeling better. He is such a sweet cat.