Thursday, August 28, 2008

Banana Etiquette?

I was just at the grocery store and walked over to the bananas. I only needed two, but rarely are there two just laying there. So I grabbed a bunch and very carefully pulled two off. A guy that worked at the grocery store was standing there and very obviously walked over and made a face. He looked over at the bunch where I had pulled the two from like I had done something wrong. Is this some unspoken grocery store rule I missed? Sorry that I don't want to buy SIX bananas, because I cannot eat that many before they go bad. Even though I always think "oh I'll just make banana bread". I always run out of time to make the bread before the bananas get past the line of ok to still consume and then I will feel wasteful. Seriously, some people need to take a chill pill.

3 comments:

Renee said...

Haha! That's funny! You pissed off the grocery worker!


I pull of bananas too..

Vickie said...

That is crazy. I almost always pull off the number of bananas I want. I have never gotten any looks from the produce guy. But I usually get too many bananas on purpose because I love banana bread. That guy was a putz.

Angela... said...

next time take one and see if he goes bananas! LOL! :)