Thursday, December 13, 2007

Watch out for falling trees...

So, for everyone who has wondered how we have faired in this crazy weather I'm finally updating. Probably no one has wondered, but whatever. We had an ice storm last Sunday-Tues. and it was weird. It wasn't like earlier this year, the roads weren't bad, but the trees were! There was so much ice on the trees that by Monday afternoon there were branches falling left and right. It was crazy. Nathan and I kept running back and forth to the front and back of the house every time we heard a crack. Luckily, there wasn't any damage to our house. We are some of the only people in town with power. How we managed that I don't know, but I'm not complaining. We've been having friends over for hot tea to keep them from freezing in their homes. We have about 80 employees in my office and over 45 of them are/were without power. Here are some pics from Monday:


It's kind of hard to tell, but that's a giant branch leaning on the power lines that run into our house. Not cool.
He asked to come out.
Ron was only down for a second.
There is snow in the forecast for this weekend. I have a party on Saturday night at Dwelling Spaces and that could keep people from coming. I love snow so much though!

2 comments:

tammy said...

I am so surprised your power did not go out since you don't go to THE church anymore!?

Amby said...

Haha...it's amazing that anyone who doesn't go to THE church is even ALIVE...