Thursday, December 06, 2007

I'm Craving Pad Thai Chicken

I put together a yummy, if I may say so myself, chicken dish tonight. I've been craving Pad Thai and I think I made this subconsciously, cause it's similar. Um, yeah so anyway. I loooove Asian food. I wanted to make something tonight, but had to make do with what I had on hand. Here is what I came up with:

2 chicken breasts, chopped (or tofu)
1 medium onion
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup sesame oil
2 tablespoons peanut butter
3 tablespoons of brown sugar (mmm, I know)
1/4 tsp dried ginger
1/2 tsp salt
dash of shredded carrot
tiny bit of diced dried red pepper

video
(That would be Nathan playing drums in the background.)

Saute the garlic and onion with a little bit of butter for about 5 minutes. Stir in sesame oil and peanut butter. Once the peanut butter has melted add the chicken followed by the rest of the ingredients. Continue cooking on medium high, stirring constantly (the sugar sticks to the pan) for about 5-10 more minutes. Then turn heat down to low, cover and cook until the chicken is done or you feel it is well marinated, or until you are too hungry to wait anymore. 

Serve with basmati rice. MMM. I added some sautĂ©ed onion and butter to the rice while it was cooking.
I kind of cook by the seat of my pants and I'm not experienced at writing recipes, so don't get mad at me if you make it and it's not good. I'm not Paula Deen, yall


3 comments:

Vickie said...

Looks yummy to me.

Renee said...

It's 9:50pm and now all of a sudden I'm hungry

The 2 Witches said...

This looks soooooooo good

Thanks for posting it


Mama Kelly