Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I swear it's not my fault...

As many of you know, ok everyone knows, kittens are my weakness. If it were possible and not weird I would roll around in a field of kittens and be forever happy. They're so cute and sweet and they smell good...I LIKE ME SOME KITTUHNS...

We currently have two cats, Sherman and Isabell. I'm perfectly content with them. I was not thinking/fantasizing/plotting/asking/dreaming about kittens. I was going about my normal life and avoiding kittens. Yesterday morning while getting ready for work, kittens far from my mind, I hear a cat crying outside. It was really loud and I started picturing some huge cat in the yard. I continued getting ready, but the cat kept on. Finally, I went and got Nathan and told him something was outside crying. He opens the front door and says, "Oh my gosh Amby!" I feared the worst until he said, "There's a tiny black kitten on our porch." My heart skipped a beat and I think, no way this must be a trick. I ran to the door to see an adorable little baby. Our first thought was call someone we know immediately to take it, I think subconsciously we knew it'd be bad to bring it in cause bringing it in=3rd cat. By "our" and "we" I mean Nathan, because let's be honest I lost all sense or reason and thought BRING IT IN NOW AND CUDDLE.

Well let me cut a long story short and say, no one answered our calls and we brought her in...But I swear it wasn't my fault!





The thought of having 3 cats kind of hurts me a little. I'm having a hard enough time keeping up with Shermans every demand, must play now, must have attention now, must be carried around the house or will meow you to death....I told Nathan that the decision to keep her is up to him, with no pressure from me. But I mean if a Mac computer appeared on our front porch I'd let him keep it. That's fair, no? I also told him he can be in charge of naming her since I named the others and he's always felt left out of the naming process. Sorry that I'm like an expert cat namer or control freak, whichever




She got a bath last night, a warm meal, a cozy bed and a ton of love. She's a total doll and cuddles mainly. Perfect. I still can't believe there's a kitten in my house and I didn't have to do anything! It was the 13th and a black cat mysteriously appears on our front porch, you have to keep it right?

4 comments:

Renee said...

She's so cute! I can't believe how much she purrs :)

Anonymous said...

hahahaha Oh my god amby, this was hilarious! I was laughing it up
Your new kitty is too cute!
--stela

jkcbaby said...

You can take Maddox right now!! he's driving me crazy. lol!! j/k I love the little baby she's precious!!

Vickie said...

I want her.