Monday, June 11, 2007

Throw. Retrieve. Meow. Repeat.

Sherman has picked up many traits from Isabell one of which is her love of playing fetch. Where she preferred Reisen wrappers, he likes milk caps. By like I really mean he does cartwheels when he hears us open a new carton of milk. If he thinks Nathan has one in his pocket, he'll follow him around the house jumping on his leg until he throws it. Nathan keeps them in a drawer or else we are constantly asked to play and I do mean asked and constantly. Sherman "talks" very loudly when he wants something. He'll drop the milk cap beside me regardless of what I'm doing and meow until I throw it. Then he brings it back, drops it and meows until I throw it again. This could continue for an entire day if a kitty were allowed. I've woken up with milk caps next to me in bed. I've found them in the bath tub. I've gotten to work and found them in my purse. There are always a few spares in closets or under the couch. He often naps with them.
I'm not really sure how our cats learned to fetch. However, it's a great way to impress our friends and proves that cats can do anything dogs can do...better.

3 comments:

jkcbaby said...

I remember the first time I saw Sherman do that, I was in complete shock, I told everyone about it! You have a couple of badass cats!

Renee said...

I think this is my favorite post. Cute lil Shermy!

Vickie said...

I have seen him in action and he definitely retrieves better than either one of our dogs.