Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Handmade.

My sister-in-law, Megan's birthday was last week. She also just graduated from nursing school. So, I wanted to make her something special. I recently got a new sewing machine and have been anxiously wanting to start a project. I decided to make her a bag. I'm not one for patterns, even though I know that might ultimately be easier. I like to figure it out myself.


The fabric was really thick so I had a difficult time hand stitching the pocket.
I think it turned out pretty cute and she seemed to like it. I've started working on another one already. I'll post it when I'm done.

4 comments:

Vickie said...

That is sooo cute! I especially like your blanket stitches.

Renee said...

Very cool, I'm proud! Good job and I hope to see many, many more!

April said...

That's too cute ALF! I didn't know you had all these talents.

HowToMe said...

Nice job! The photographic transformation is fun to see :-)