Thursday, May 31, 2007

Mom!

So, last weekend my mom came to the amazing Tulsa for a much needed visit. This time she was able to stay with us in our new house. Our third bedroom is my extra room/guest room. My neighbor, Terrin, gave me a daybed and Nathan's grandmother refinished it just in time for my mom's visit.

We decided to do some crafts all weekend as opposed to what we normally do, which is shopping. We made candles, practiced some embroidery, and I made a skirt. Not to mention our 4 visits to different grocery stores, but that's another blog all together.

We had Nathan's family over on Sunday for lunch. We decided on a salad theme. I made chicken salad and pasta salad. (see recipes below) My mom made her shrimp couscous salad, which was a huge hit.


I think pretty much the rest of the weekend was spent with me going on and on about how amazing my kitties are. She doesn't get to be around them as often, so I made sure she noticed whenever they did something cute, which is every 8 seconds.



We had a great weekend. Many people think that Zac is the funny child, but my mom has even admitted that I make her laugh the most. Oooh, I think that last sentence may cause some controversy! I do however, think she's the only one who finds me funny. Often I say things to other people (people=Nathan) and expect them to be bent over double laughing, but instead I just get a look. She's definitely inflated my ego, humor wise. We manage to get ourselves into odd situations from time to time.

The next visit with the fam will be in July. Nathan and I are planning to DRIVE out there for a week. We can never get enough of that DRIVE.

Chicken Salad

6-8 chicken breasts

1 large container of sour cream

1 tsp. seasoned salt (you can add more or less)

Dash of pepper.

Boil chicken until cooked thoroughly. Let cool. Either shred by hand or in the food processor. Put into a bowl and stir in sour cream, seasoned salt, and pepper. Stir until mixed well. I like it chilled, but it can be served immediately. I like to serve it with saltines or croissants.


Pasta Salad

1 box of bow tie pasta

1 reg. size bottle of Italian dressing

A dash of basil.

Boil pasta until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain then stir in dressing and basil. Chill then serve.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

My candle quit working after about 15 minutes. Oh well. I probably didn't do a very good job on it because I was too busy thinking about how much I wanted to visit another Tulsa grocery store.