Tuesday, November 21, 2006

AA for the Beauty Junkie

Hi. My name is Amby and I'm addicted to beauty products. (everyone in unison...Hi Amby)

I cleaned out from under my bathroom sink the other day and was astounded at how many products I have accrued. Well, I don't know why I was astounded, because I was there when I bought them. Sometimes I allow myself to buy into makeup's advertising, even though deep down I know it's just marketing. But what if they really do invent a lip gloss that lasts 12 hours, despite multiple make outs and drinks? I want to know! I have improved at throwing things out, but you never know when you may need fake eyelashes with glitter, 12 shades of pink lip gloss or 5 moisturizers for different skin problems. What if tomorrow my skin is extra dry? Crisis averted, I have an extra thick lotion. Nathan is quite baffled by my need for so many things, until the cold air hits his face and he needs moisturizer.

Also, I've always felt it was important to coordinate my outfits. I tried to loosen up some in college. Even still I couldn't go more than a drive home before fixing chipped nail polish. Right now my toes need to be repainted and even though I'm wearing boots and socks, it bothers me. What if there's an emergency and I have to remove my shoes? Remember: Freshly painted toenails, just as important as clean underwear. Here I demonstrate coordinating my nails with my necklace.

(Seriously guys restrain yourself from making man hand jokes. Those of you wondering, I think I have man hands and my mom and brother think it's ok to make fun of me.)

4 comments:

Mrs. Crow said...

I think my bathroom is worse....seriously....

Amby said...

Well that's just the stuff under my sink. There's a closet, too. I'm not sure I want to take a picture of it though.

Vickie said...

Zac and I think it's ok to laugh about your "man hands" because your hands are actually small and pretty, much like that of a tiny nymph.

Anonymous said...

You can paint those hands as much as you want and they are still gonna b manish

-Zac