Sunday, August 13, 2006

Amy Grant rocks.

Here recently for some reason I've had a rush of old music memories, which of course reminds me of back when I had a music career. By "music career" I mean when I was young enough to loudly sing along to Amy Grant in my room without being judged or asked if maybe we can not be married anymore. Losing this freedom is definitely one of the down falls of growing up, well that and having to pay bills. So, I downloaded Amy Grant's The Collection, a compilation of her earlier hits. As soon as the music began the memories flooded back. I saw myself sitting in my old bedroom with my huge tape player listening to every song and wailing right along with her. Sure many of her songs were a little deep and slightly depressing for an 11 year old, but I didn't care. Tonight I was singing along, rather loudly, when Nathan walked in the door. The look on his face turned to disgust, then disappointment, then he went into his office and shut the door. (Ok, well at least I didn't used to be SUPER into Carman... cough cough...)


A friend of mine in Nashville ran into her at a restaurant once. When she told me I acted like I didn't think it was a big deal, but secretly I was so jealous. But I mean what would I have even said to her, "I used to use my brush as a microphone when I performed your music."

4 comments:

Mrs. Crow said...

The thought of Nathan's face is priceless and I missed it!!!

Vickie said...

Not trying to make you sad, but I can just picture Dr. Pepper getting down with his bad self.

Ztfranks said...

""Sing your praise to the Lawrd, c'mon everybody stand up and sing one more Hallelujah...""

Anonymous said...

Hey, I recently added a news widget from www.widgetmate.com to my blog. It shows the latest news, and just took a copy and paste to implement. Might interest you too.