Monday, July 31, 2006

I bet you thought I had melted.

I'm sorry I've been away so long. I blame it all on the heat. Seriously, it has zapped my creativity. Nathan and I have locked ourselves up in the apartment with the air on, blinds down, Scrabble board open, documentary playing. I'm going to push on through the disgusting weather and update...

The most exciting thing that has happened lately would be the visiting of my family. Last week, they came to see me. My mom made it a point to be with me the whole time, so we were quite inseparable. She went with me to work and met Abby and Jackson. She oohed and gooed over them like I do everyday. I tried to show her around Tulsa a little. We went and got spray tans. (If you haven't yet tried this, you totally should. I laugh the whole time it sprays me, because it's just so weird. It made me two shades darker...unfortunately two shades darker than pale still does not equal tan.) I took her to some local shops. But mostly we sat around and watched movies. She had an overload of Ambytime and is now having difficulty adjusting back to normal life. I also get upset when we separate and apparently I have been doing this since I was a baby. I think it has something to do with being breastfed for too long.

My brother and dad had some work to do while they were here. So, I mostly saw them at meal time. One of the nights we had dinner with Nathan's parents at India Palace, our favorite restaurant. It's very fun to be with both of our families at the same time. We are all a bit goofy. Except our dads who sat at the end of the table and talked missions and Bible the whole time, while everyone else was making obscene jokes. I also took them to try Pei Wei for the first time, so delicious.

And of course everyone finally got to meet our little Sherman. I'm quite sure their lives will never be the same. It was nice to have them here. Hopefully, we'll be seeing them again next month at the beach!

2 comments:

Mrs. Crow said...

Family time is always nice. J and I have had quite a dose ourselves recently. Coffee anyone?

Vickie said...

Very funny, chick. I am sure breastfeeding had nothing to do with it.