Friday, June 16, 2006

Surprise!

Sooooo, I am currently in Birmingham. My dad flew me in last night as a surprise for my mom's birthday this weekend. I have never really surprised my mom like that before so I was kind of nervous. I got in last night around 8:30 and my dad picked me up from the airport. When we pulled up to the house I saw my mom by the window so I quickly ducked down and crawled out of the car. My dad walked inside first and I followed crouching behind. When I walked in she screamed!! She said it took her a second to process that I was there. It was awesome! The look on her face was priceless. (Zac took a picture, but I'm not allowed to post it. Blah)

Once she had recovered from the shock, we decided to go get some food cause I hadn't eaten. My mom recently got my dream car, a new Jeep Grand Cherokee. Loves it. So, I drove the whole family on an excursion searching for a Chick-fil-a that was still open. After no luck and many nervous comments from my dad about my driving (um, I didn't hit anything, thank you), we settled on Krystal. It's evil, but delicious at least until you've finished eating at which time you immediately regret your choice.

(What a wretched picture, but yum.)

We have a big weekend planned. We have family reunion festivities tonight and tomorrow. Then Sunday night is my mom's birthday party. Let's just say it's a monumental age. She doesn't look a day over 30.


Now I must go lay by the pool. Ahh, I love coming home.

No comments: