Friday, February 17, 2006

The Reason We're Alive.

Ok, so maybe I'm exaggerating, but I mean it comes close. Every year just a couple of days after Valentine's Day the most wonderful thing happens. Drug stores take down their Valentine candy and fill their shelves with a beautiful purple bag.

Today, I went into Walgreen's. A young manager was stocking the shelves with Easter candy.
Me: Where are the Cadbury Mini Eggs?
Manager: Right here. (points to Cadbury Eggs)
Me: No, Mini eggs, they come in a purple bag. (duh)
Manager: Oh, we must not have those yet.
Me: (pushing back my tears) But it's been 3 days since Valentine's.

I start to look through the boxes of candy he has yet to open.

Me: Can you open this please? (pointing to the box containing my prize)
Manager: Oh, is this what you were looking for?

I grab them and run to the register.

To this day, I have yet been able to figure out why they only come out once a year. I would be just as happy with Cadbury Mini Pumpkins, Trees, or Hearts. Why do they limit themselves to only eggs? Why?

No comments: