Friday, January 27, 2006

Does this mean we're getting old?

I'm not sure if it's the fact that we're almost to our mid-twenties or that we're married now, but last night Nathan looked at me and asked if I was ready for bed. I replied with "I have been wanting to get in bed for the past 30 minutes." Well, you see it was only 10:00. Understand, I used to stay up even if I was tired and even if I had nothing to do. I would mindlessly browse the Internet, because I couldn't go to bed before midnight. I felt I must stay up late, on principle if nothing else. Man, how things have changed. Last night, I slid into bed flannel and all, with a heat wrap draped across my shoulders. I reached into my night table drawer to find Vaseline for my lips and lotion for my hands. Then I pulled out a health book and began to read. During all of this Nathan was sitting beside me reading his latest National Geographic. Oh, and we were watching the History Channel...yes, on purpose. We looked at each other and smiled. To make matters worse, this morning we woke up at 8 and couldn't go back to sleep. My whole sleeping system has been ruined!!!

2 comments:

Mrs. Crow said...

I was just talking to a friend of mine about this. My how life has changed since H.S.

Dana said...

I'm still in college and it's already happened to me! oh man, I'm in trouble