Tuesday, November 22, 2005

A Tea Kettle Incident

So, the other night one our friends, let's call him "John", was going to help make tea. He went into the kitchen, filled the kettle and put it on the stove. The only problem was our kettle is electric and has a plastic bottom. Nathan and I were sitting in the living room when we saw smoke billowing out of the kitchen. He jumped up and grabbed the kettle off of the burning stove. We had to stand outside for 30 minutes while the smoke cleared the apartment. The stove is ok, but the kettle not so much.


Ok, so I need to add that the next day "John" bought us a new kettle AND got me a bread bowl of potato soup from Panera, my favorite. There are no hard feelings.

No comments: